Thursday 9 February 2017 // Nomura International // London
Registration, networking and refreshments: 8:30 – 9:00
Programme: from 9:00 – 11:00
MiFID II will apply from 3 January 2018 and commodity derivatives and firms active in this market will be subject to a range of new rules. FIA’s Compliance & Regulation Forum on Commodities will focus on the regulatory requirements and implementation:
- Outline the obligations in relation to commodity derivatives under MiFID II;
- Provide an overview of the CFTC position limit proposals in the US;
- Provide participants with an opportunity to engage in a discussion with the regulator; and
- Explore industry concerns regarding position reporting.
- Presentation by Nathaniel Lalone, Partner at Katten Muchin Rosenman UK LLP
Nate will run participants through RTS 20 (ancillary activities) and RTS 21 (position limits) that were adopted by the European Commission on 1 December 2016 and present the CFTC proposals on position limits.
- Q&A session
Paul Willis from FCA’s policy team is available to answer your questions on commodity derivatives under MiFID II and how the new rules will be implemented in the UK. Please could you send questions you would like to be addressed to Christiane Leuthier.
- Introduction to commodity position reporting under MiFID II- Operations by Mukumbi Litana, Senior Associate, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
Mukumbi will give a short presentation setting out the main obligations and key concerns.
- Panel discussion on practical operational implementation issues surrounding Position Reporting
Robert Barnes will lead through a discussion on the implementation of position reporting in member firms and explore questions where further clarification is required. Confirmed panellists include Andrew Dodsworth - LME, and Anwar Newaz - Standard Chartered Bank, Mukumbi Litana - Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP and Leen Broekhuizen - KPMG.
Please find a copy of the presentation slides here.